Saturday, September 22, 2012

Ben Burtt

September 22, Saturday 8:27pm

I finally got around to listening to the Ben Burtt recording and it was hard to focus on every sound he has made but I feel like I took something important away from it. I feel that I learned that sounds can come from anywhere and it is important to do field recordings and test different things. I think that's very exciting, especially when working on your own individual animations.

I have many ideas for my animations sound wise, but some of the sounds are difficult to describe. I will try any ways.

Flipbook: I would really like to include the squishing sound but I feel as though I need more. I need the splashing sound in the beginning and the falling sound, and maybe even an ominous sound for when the character looks up if I can fit it in there. It's a very short animation so we'll see how much I can fit in there.

Object: For the "fly" or bug or whatever it is, I would like a zooming sound, and then another splat, almost squishing sound for when it hits the wall.

Objects: I would really like for there to be many noises in this one, although I'm not certain how I will get it. I would really like a sound for the hopping of the flea each time it hits the ground and I would also like a sound for when it comes from the top of the screen and falls in the hole again.

Obstacle: For the obstacle animation I would just like a large gulping sound and a licking sound for near the end.

That is all until I report on my makeup work!!

No comments:

Post a Comment