October 9, Tuesday 12:45pm
So Dan Sousa! I am so happy to finally go to a talk about animation instead of something like sculpture or painting! It's not that I don't like those things, it's just that they don't apply to me as much.
Anyways! I'm not sure how I feel about all his work as a whole. I didn't like his film from college, because the camera movements and all the lines were really shaky, and they gave me quite the headache. The line work was nice but it was incredibly shaky. I didn't really like Fable either, but it was more that it was hard to really tell what the story was about for me. The only reason I understood it was because he explained it first. I liked the style of animation but it was very difficult to follow.
I really liked the Minotaur. I really liked what could be done with cutouts and I really enjoyed the story. It was very easy to understand what was going on and the flow was very smooth. My favorite of his animations was Feral. The story was very vivid and the emotions were very clear. I liked this style much better with less line work because it didn't make my head spin looking at it. I feel like the story was animated very well, and I liked getting away from the super painterly style.
Shelby
No comments:
Post a Comment