Thursday, August 30, 2012

First Blog Post

August 30th, Thursday 12:30-3:30pm

Today is my first day of animation class and we created Zoetropes. I have never even thought about doing this before. I tried with flip books, unsuccessfully but I feel like this is a simpler way to start learning. I feel like I learned how to move a simple image easily, and I got really excited. I've only ever done stop motion so far successfully. So, I made 3 Zoetropes so far today. One is of a bouncing ball, on is a fly, roaming around, and the last one is a square guy moving his feet up and down. I still have to ink the last one, which isn't so bad. I'm really excited to get whatever homework we have!

I also feel like I did really well, which surprised me. I've tried animation many times over the years and was always inherently bad at it. But I did really well with the simple images. I do feel the Zoetrope with the fly was a little hard to see, but it did get my general idea of the movement across so I'm not unhappy with it.

Shelby Hamel

No comments:

Post a Comment